Monday, April 13, 2009

Contests and Queries

I joined a wild horse race this AM. I sat poised at my computer, finger itching, ready to hit the send button on an e-mail submission for a contest. Only 25 were being accepted... At 8 CTZ I hit the button. Pop up reads, "Unexpected delay, will post as soon as possible." I, non-tech geek guru, took that to mean there were several beans trying to slide through one tiny hole in the system. Bingo, it's gone!

24 were posted and accepted by 8:01CTZ and the 25th at 8:01. I made it. Feel like a winner!

Then I get the e-mail confirmation, post 19. Whoo hoo! Then below that is my post. My 250 words have been formatted into a sloppy, horrid mass--no paragraph separation, no double spacing, no paragraph first line indentation? *Hanging my head and slipping into oblivion*

Then the horrid thought... Is that what my e-mail queries and samples look like? Oh HORROR!

And how the cr** do I fix that?

No comments:

Post a Comment